We’re Adding More Lessons to Our Free Spanish Course

That’s right. After an almost eight month break, we’ve brought the animated versions of ourselves out of retirement and put them back to work making new lessons for our free Spanish course.

We’ve already posted one new lesson (Lesson 27) and our goal is to create at least 22 more before the end of the year.

Accessing the Spanish Course

The Spanish course is 100% free and was designed for the absolute beginner. You can access it via the following link:

qroo.us/spanish-lessons-for-beginners

Let’s Wrap It Up

Since posting what we thought would be our last lesson eight months ago, we have received hundreds of emails from people asking us to keep the course going.

So, in the dual interest of helping people and reducing the number of emails that we receive, we decided to start teaching Spanish again — enjoy!

Paul Kurtzweil (Q-Roo Paul) was a deputy sheriff in Florida for 25 years before retiring at the rank of lieutenant in 2015. He and his wife moved to Mexico looking to maximize their retirement income. In 2016, they started a blog called Two Expats Mexico (qroo.us) sharing their experiences, as well as information about the logistical and legal aspects of retiring south of the border. The blog has been viewed over two million times and the articles have been republished in numerous periodicals across Mexico.

79 Comments on "We’re Adding More Lessons to Our Free Spanish Course"

1. This is great news and has saved me the trouble of sending my own email to you requesting more lessons be added. Muchas gracias!

2. Patricia Armstrong | September 3, 2018 at 10:36 am | Reply

Gracias Paul and Linda! them and u make it so easy to learn

3. Muchisamas Gracias Senor! I thought there was a word “Gracisamas”…. I guess it doesn’t exist, but it ought to!! LOL!!

4. Christine Bruggeman | September 3, 2018 at 10:42 am | Reply

Muchas gracias!

5. Wonderful !! Thanks Paul – your series is so enjoyable and fun !!

6. You guys are amazing! Thank you

7. Thank you! Your Spanish lessons are easy and fun!

8. Gracias hermano

9. Gracias! Me gustan muchas las lecciones!

10. Thank You both!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Ann Hjemboe. Tao Ocean E2 | September 3, 2018 at 11:02 am | Reply

Thank you so much! We love your lessons!

12. Outstanding! Your Spanish lessons are fantastic!

13. Gracias por todo Paul y Linda! I’m a Canadian from B.C. I retired in December and moved to MazatlΓ‘n in January. All the info I got from you guys was invaluable! And the Spanish lessons are great!
    Thanks again
    Dan

• Congratulations on your recent retirement. We haven’t been to MazatlΓ‘n yet but it’s on our list of places we hope to visit someday.

14. Love the lessons! Please keep ’em coming!!!!

15. Perry Blanch (Paamul) | September 3, 2018 at 11:17 am | Reply

Thanks guys, love your work!

16. As a former Spanish teacher, I applaud you, Paul! You continue to do good works everyday! Β‘Felicidades! Jody (β€œPepe”) in Dallas, Texas … who will move to Mexico with my poblano partner Jorge in June of 2020. πŸ™‚

• Thanks, Jody.

Good luck on your future move to Mexico. At least the language aspect of the move won’t be a problem for you. πŸ™‚

17. Muchas Gracias, Paul and Linda! I have just gone through my review of the previous lessons and am so looking forward to the new chapters!

18. Perfect!!! I have been negligent in my studies, and this will kick start me again! Living in Mexixo, there are too many conversations I miss out on. Gracias!

19. So happy! I’ll be retiring in October and moving to Oaxaca. I’m excited to have time to focus focus focus and learn!! I love your lessons!!

20. Ellen Whitehouse | September 3, 2018 at 11:47 am | Reply

Thank you ! I’m just starting my studies again & was wishing you had kept on. This is fabulous news.

21. Thank you. You’re blogs are a constant source of information. Please keep up the great work!

• Thanks for the positive feedback. Linda and I enjoy helping people and the blog has been a good way to do that without cutting into our beach time. πŸ™‚

22. I actually love your lessons. They make sense and they are so easy to follow! Thank you so much! I have been studying Spanish on my own for over 8 years and I still find your lessons so clear and helpful.

• I’m glad to hear that you like them. Learning on your own can be challenging and I commend you for sticking to it for so long.

23. dorette.property@gmail.com | September 3, 2018 at 11:55 am | Reply

Thank you, thank you!

24. The way news I’ve heard all day!!! Thank you!!!

25. I’m so happy that you’ve added new lessons. I go back and review them often. I especially enjoy short phrases you include, e.g., me puedes ayudar… I use that one daily.

• I’m happy to hear that you find the lessons useful. Thanks for taking the time to leave a positive comment. You made my day. πŸ™‚

26. Just found this and it is AMAZING! thank you so much, coming from Canada we don’t have Spanish in schools so this is a whole new thing to try and learn.

• You’re welcome, Linda. We plan on going to at least Lesson 50, so you’ll have plenty of material to work through. πŸ™‚

27. Wow you are the best Paul,thank you for all the help and info you provide tru your blog, I am very interested now to learn Spanish,the way you explain it,I stay positive, I am a senior I was born in a non english country so even english I don’t pronouce well,but I am in LOVE WITH PUERTO VALLARTA my home away from home(Canada) I will try my hardest to learn espanol! Muchos gracias!

• Thank you so much for the positive feedback and I’m happy to hear that this method is working for you.

Puerto Vallarta is a great city. We really enjoyed our visit there. πŸ™‚

28. Thank you, your videos are so helpful and funny to watch. Keep them coming por favor mi amigos

29. Youppi! Muchas gracias.

30. This is a great resource – glad you are expanding it. I’m linking to your site, specifically for your Spanish lessons, in a new book that will be available in about a month!

31. These lessons are great. I am reviewing them again. Very simple way to learn a lot in a short time.

32. Thank you…. I am definitely one of those who has learned more Spanish from you than any previous source. But it has also raised my competence and confidence to the point where I can learn elsewhere (in my case Duolingo) too.

33. Donna Bellwood | September 4, 2018 at 2:57 pm | Reply

Thanking you both for this great dedication you demonstrate towards learning the Spanish language by the time you spend making these lessons. I have enjoyed the way you produce the lesson with common examples and keep it short. Memorizing and using a new language is not easy for me generally, but your method has made me more successful and willing to speak. Three cheers and thanks so much.

• Thank you very much for the positive feedback, Donna. I’m so glad to hear that my method of teaching the language is working for you. πŸ™‚

34. Thanks so much!!! The lessons are great!!

35. Nichola Lister-Smith | September 5, 2018 at 6:24 am | Reply

Excellent, thank you

36. Thank you very much Great lessons.

37. You guys are funny. Makes learning the language fun and easy.

38. Esplendido! Maravilloso! Hurra! Gracias!

39. De nada, Christine. πŸ™‚