Taking the Show on the Road for a Month

On 02/20/2020, Linda and I will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Pretty cool date, huh?

Instead of buying each other gifts, we decided that it would be more fun to take a one month trip around Mexico and visit areas that we’ve never seen before. Since Linda is a big wine fan, some of our stops will include the wine and cheese route in Querétaro and the vineyards of Valle de Guadalupe in Baja California.

I plan to write some articles about our trip, so if you’re interested in that sort of thing, be sure to subscribe to the blog and you’ll receive an email notification whenever I publish something new.

Patreon Members

I just want to take a moment to let our Patreon members know that our little trip around Mexico won’t affect the extra perks and benefits that you receive.

We’ll still be responding promptly to emails from our Gold Members and we’ll still be posting new episodes of Coffee Talk every Wednesday and Saturday. The only difference will be the background of the videos.

For you folks who don’t know what Coffee Talk is, it’s a video series for our Patreon members where I talk about different topics related to life in Mexico (e.g. healthcare, banking, safety).

Well, that’s it for now. Unless something major happens in Mexico that I feel necessitates an article, the next post you’ll see from me will be about our trip to Querétaro, México.

Hasta luego.

Do you want even more information about moving to Mexico? Join our Patreon page to watch live streaming events covering a wide range of topics and get access to our private Facebook group. Click HERE for more information.

43 Comments on "Taking the Show on the Road for a Month"

1. Congratulations, have fun and be safe.

2. Congratulations on your 20th! My husband and I live in Queretaro and do wine tours in The area and San Miguel if you interested. We customize the tours according to your tastes. https://www.epicureanexpats.com/wine-tours/

• Thanks, we will be staying in Tequisquiapan and are really looking forward to visiting the wineries.
      We haven’t booked any tours yet, so we may be reaching out to you guys. 🙂

3. Congrats! Have a wonderful trip

4. Beverly Goodman | January 19, 2020 at 9:29 am | Reply

Guadalupe Valley..number 1 restaurant Fauna, 2 Deckmans ..also great Olivias, Malta, go to Pijean for wine, jams and olive oil. NearFauna LA Cetto and Dona Rosa for jams..terrible wine.

5. Happy Anniversary!!! ❣️❤️

6. John F. McIntosh | January 19, 2020 at 9:45 am | Reply

I am a retired restauranteur living in Todos santos Baja Sur. IMHO you must go to Deckman’s ( en el Magor)in Valle Guadalupe.
    Is a great and crazy concept that I’ve never seen anywhere else and all my world travels. Provecho !

7. Bruce & Judy Spinney | January 19, 2020 at 9:54 am | Reply

From Colorado: We will be spending the month of February in San Miguel de Allende. It would be fun to share a cup of coffee, but the call of “movin’ on” will be persistent. Judy

8. If you go to Cabo, check out the Hotel Mar de Cortez. You will love it!! Lots of other recommendations, too.

9. ¡Buen viaje!

10. Enjoy. We just returned from Queretaro on Thursday. If you need transport or tours we used Bike Tours Queretaro…the name is kind of misleading as they also have car tours and transportation options. Enjoy your blog and look forward to reading about your upcoming adventures.

11. Paul J Hennessy | January 19, 2020 at 10:18 am | Reply

Great way for an adventurous team like you and Linda to celebrate all those 20s!

Buen viaje, but hope we’ll catch up with you in our Akumal community before you leave as we’ll be staying at Tao/Kin M-1 from Jan. 22 to March 3.

We’re joining Patreon this morning and have some questions about completing the Temporary visa process during this trip. For example, any advice about what to be most aware at Cancun Intn’l airport immigration in first entry with Temp Visa stamp in passport? Want to be sure we do it right as it’s now or never.

12. Kristann Montague | January 19, 2020 at 10:33 am | Reply

Congratulations Paul and LInda on 20 years of wedded bliss, and I am sure your next 20 years together will be full of adventures and fun!

13. Congrats! Have fun kids!

14. Congratulations!! Here in Cozumel now, paradise!

15. Kathy Van Holton | January 19, 2020 at 10:43 am | Reply

Stop by Puerto Penasco! Would love to meet you. Enjoy Valle de Guadalupe. It’s beautiful and so many good wineries.

16. Hope to see you in Mazatlan!

17. Congradulations. Very kwl date.

18. What’s your itinerary?

19. Happy Anniversary (a little early!) have fun on your trip!

• Candice Barr Larson | January 19, 2020 at 8:59 pm | Reply

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary. We live in beautiful Querétaro about half the year and I find your blog interesting and helpful. I think I joined your Patreon group, how would I check?
      Warmly, Candice Barr Larson

20. I’ve been going to Valle de Guadalupe since 2003 when there wasn’t even a good road or a map to find the wineries. Now it is so built up and wines have become quite expensive. My favorites: Bodegas F. Rubio (wine and food and great atmosphere), Vena Cava (wine, food, beer and great atmosphere), Las Nubes (amazing views of the whole Valle and appetizer plates – I’m not a big fan of their wine, but everyone has their own preferences), Vinicola Emeve (used to be a tiny tasting room and is now expanded. Used to be one of the best value wines for your pesos), El Cielo (expensive but good wines and full restaurant with amazing food). Don’t miss out on the olives, olive oil, cheeses, etc. Enjoy!!!

21. Congratulations! Enjoy!

22. I just wanted to say again how much iv enjoyed this sight into Mexico …

Iv been living 2 to 8 months a year in Playa for the last eight years . I have gotten so much knowkedge out of your kind generosity! Thanks again

23. Wow! Love the cool “date” of your 20th. Congrats & enjoy your trip!!!

24. Excellent. Look forward to your adventures.

25. Do not miss Parras de la Fuente, Coahuila, probably the oldest winery area in the Americas excluding South America. An oasis in the middle of the desert. The Casa Madero winery has often ranked in the top twenty of the world with some of their selections and for that reason it can be difficult to find in Mexico. Great hotel with reasonable pricing at the top of the hill in town, sorry but I forget the name, it has been 20 years and I am short some gray matter upstairs.

• We have been a special tasting offered by their winery here in the Riviera Maya but we won’t be visiting that one on this trip. We do want to see it some day through.

26. Congratulations! Since you’ll be in the area, try to visit “La Bufadora” near Ensenada. No wine but great margaritas and a site to behold!

27. Happy Anniversary! That will be a fun trip!
    If your looking for a hotel we like Estero Beach Hotel is very nice. Overlooks the Ocean and the Estuary.
    La Bufadora is fun to visit too
    Glad your visiting “our” area of Baja.

28. Dotty Cortemeglia Kuhn | January 19, 2020 at 8:31 pm | Reply

Go to Mazatlán!

29. Marie Danielle Klyne | January 20, 2020 at 12:32 am | Reply

Congratulations!! Enjoy!

30. Congrats on your 20th! Have a great trip.

31. Happy Anniversary you 2!! Trips are the best gifts! We will be going to Tequisquiapan, La Paz, La Huasteca Potosina & other spots starting in May, so I especially look forward to reading about your thoughts & impressions. Enjoy your trip!!

32. Christy Caldwell | January 23, 2020 at 9:17 am | Reply

Congratulations Paul and Linda! I hope your month-long tour will bring you to Ajijic and the Lake Chapala area. It is one of the largest expat communities in the world and on the shores of the largest lake in Mexico. Please let me know if you would like a tour guide to my beautiful and vibrant town!

33. A must go to place is Cuernavaca (City of Eternal Spring).
    Also, I haven’t been there but this hotel looks very interesting. Don’t let the name fool you.