A Tour of Our Condo in Mexico (Video)

We are still having trouble with some of our followers being able to see our posts since we changed our hosting package. Hopefully, you’re able to see this embedded video of a tour of our condo in Akumal, Mexico.

Other Videos That Might Interest You

How to find and print your CURP

Can you afford to live in Mexico on just Social Security?

Why we moved to Mexico

Top 10 Tips to Retire in Mexico

Can foreigners own property in Mexico?

Financing options when buying a property in Mexico

Public healthcare options in Mexico

Private healthcare options in Mexico

Legal residency options in Mexico

Can you still get Social Security if you live in Mexico?

Is it legal to own a firearm in Mexico?

When and How to Transfer Your Money to Mexico to Get the Most Pesos

Learning Spanish? Check out our free lessons on YouTube

Become a Patreon member to get access to our live Q&A sessions as well as our private Facebook group where you can ask us questions. For more information, click HERE.

Paul Kurtzweil (Q-Roo Paul) was a deputy sheriff in Florida for 25 years before retiring at the rank of lieutenant in 2015. He and his wife moved to Mexico looking to maximize their retirement income. They later started a blog called Two Expats Mexico (qroo.us) to share their experiences as well as information about the logistical and legal aspects of retiring south of the border.

41 Comments on "A Tour of Our Condo in Mexico (Video)"

1. You are a pretentious person. I saw you at a bar once in Playa del Carmen lurking around by yourself and my Mexican husband asked where you were American and you replied ‘viva aqui’.
    You looked like a pedophile eying the young girls and you are certainly are an arrogant entitled Amerucan that can’t even claim which country you are from.
    You are a strange character

• Dalia, you clearly have me confused with someone else. There are a lot of bald expats in my age group, but I assure you that the one you saw that day was not me. I can tell you that I have never been at a bar in PDC by myself in my life. Also, I speak Spanish fluently, so I would never say “viva aqui.”

• Arnis Baumanis | July 5, 2021 at 10:43 am |

Dalia, you should be more concerned about your spelling than casting aspersions

2. CERI DANDO | June 20, 2021 at 8:27 am |

Enjoyed the presentation. As a 20 year resident in Lakeside, Lake Chapala both living in a Fracc and in the city…What would your home owners fee be and what % of the residents do not pay? Thanks. Ceri

• HOA depends on the size of the unit. Ours is around $150 USD a month and that employees over 40 full tiem employees. We have been cracking down on folks who do not pay in the community, right now, better than 95% of the entire community pay their dues. In our building, 100% are paying — we like that.

3. Doug Petrie | June 20, 2021 at 8:28 am |

Can you buy new or used books in English there an in other Mexican villages and cities where expats live and visit?

• Yes, in areas where there are a lot of expats, you’ll find used paperbacks at book stores and in coffee shops etc.

4. Patricia L Armstrong | June 20, 2021 at 8:39 am |

Beautiful Condo Paul and Linda While it’s not for me even if I could afford it in a gated community, Certainly something u two have worked hard for! Enjoy! Greetings from Puerto Vallarta

5. Kathryn Grant | June 20, 2021 at 8:47 am |

Your video did not load when I had my VPN on, but it worked fine when I switched it off. You have a great condo, and love the screen porch!

6. Love your condo. I really like the screened in porch.

7. Absolutely love your space and the screened in area is absolutely perfect. I can just imagine what it would be like at night, in the darkness listening to the many creatures of the night. I live in Cozumel and rent a wee casa but have visited Akumal a few times. Beautiful location. Thank you for sharing.

8. Susan McCrary | June 20, 2021 at 9:11 am |

I love your condo. Are there any for sale there? What is the maintenance fee?

• Yes, there are condos for sale there. It’s in a community called Tao. The maintenance fees vary depending on the size of the unit. Ours are around $150 USD a month.

9. Ken and Karen | June 20, 2021 at 9:16 am |

What a great condo Paul and Linda! Congrats!

10. Robin Cotten | June 20, 2021 at 9:31 am |

Wonderful! Thank you for doing this. Enjoy your best life!

11. Denise Olazar | June 20, 2021 at 9:47 am |

Thanks for sharing your condo with us. It’s quite beautiful and the perfect size for two. $150 for HOA fees is great-seems like a deal compared to others we’ve researched. It’s my understanding that electricity is expensive-have you found this to be true? (I’d be using AC around the clock.) Thank you for all your shared experiences.

• Electricity can be expensive if the government identifies you as a high-user and you go into something called DAC. In DAC, you don’t get a government subsidy and you end up paying more than 300% more for your electricity.

12. Linda Harris | June 20, 2021 at 10:29 am |

Loved your condo video. Booked for 2 months next winter in Playa at LaTerrazas. 5th year there out of 17 years coming to Playa. Probably should have bought years ago but now just need to rent. That’s ok. Love all your videos and information. Mexico gets a bad wrap! Thought I saw you at Dirty Martini a few years ago but never checked it out. Sorry, heard they are closed. Canadians will surely miss them.

13. Karen S Howe | June 20, 2021 at 1:44 pm |

Beautiful home. Thank you for sharing

14. Marre A Giller | June 20, 2021 at 2:13 pm |

Hi, what a fun video! I’m wondering, does having your grill on the screened patio cause you any problems with smoke, bugs, etc.?

15. Jim Norton | June 20, 2021 at 3:51 pm |

Nice video. You are living the dream. Too bad so many gringoes are afraid of Mexico.

16. Great video! Your home is beautiful!

17. Peggy Clark | June 20, 2021 at 4:48 pm |

Paul and Linda, Really pretty condo. Love your blog. Thanks for letting us in on your life. Peggy

18. mike young | June 20, 2021 at 7:47 pm |

thank you for sharing your great home. We are looking to retire in the same area in 5 years. We have a trip booked this coming Jan. for 2 weeks at Akumal bay beach resort. would like to maybe meet with a realtor and view some condos in your area.
    Thanks Mike and Pat

19. Thanks for the tour. Lovely place. May I ask what you rented the place for? How are the rentals where you are? Love the videos so much thinking about becoming a patron. Thank you.

• We rented for $800 a month + electric, but that was almost six years ago. There are rentals here. Most are VRBO or AirBnb but many owners are open to negotiating lower fees for longer stays.

20. Robin Greene | June 20, 2021 at 9:51 pm |

Love your videos and blog posts, so informative. The beach being ten minutes away is that walking or by car? Are there easy ways to cross the highway? I have stayed in PM a lot and will try Akumal next. Cheers.

• The complex is pretty large and things are spread out here because it is more rural than say Playa del Carmen or Tulum. Many people cross the highway on foot if they don’t have a car but there is a road bridge inside the complex on the north side that you can ride or walk over.

21. Patricia Clayton Diaz | June 22, 2021 at 1:42 pm |

Paul your condo is beautiful, how Blessed you two are. Living your Best Life now……….

22. Beautiful Unit.

23. Hi Paul, are dogs permitted in your community? If so, can you tell me about any number/size/ breed restrictions? Thanks so much!

• Yes, dogs are permitted. Only two per condo. There are no restrictions that I am aware of on size or breed.

24. Enjoyed the video! Would you be able to share the contact information for the person who installed the screen for the patio? Thank you

25. Hello. I am hoping you might be able to shed some light on the current situation in TAO. We have been renting in TAO for three years and we really enjoy it. We did not rent this year because of COVID but we are hoping to return in 2022. From what we hear, there have been changes to the services available to TAO residents and renters. Are the trolleys in operation to the beaches and other resorts in Bahia Principe? Is there still access to the other resorts (restaurants and shows) in Bahia as well as the Akumal Resort beach? Is TAO Beach Club still running? Sorry, so many questions…
    Thanks, Lindy